There has been a public house here since at least 1844 when Ambrose Sillitoe was the proprietor. A contemporary newspaper reported the death of his only son Charles, aged 10 years, of the Horn Inn, Sudbury. 'His illness was occasioned by fright at seeing an accident which lately caused the death of the ostler at the above Inn.' The present neo-Georgian front dates from c1960, replacing a three storey frontage, and the building contains a much earlier timber framed core possibly dating back to the 17thC. Two cross wings at the rear, one rendered and pegtiled, the other red brick with a slate roof.
View other unlisted properties on North Street: