The Hall was built in 1886, most probably by Grimwood and Sons. There is a date stone above the rear entrance in Girling Street. It was also a hotel in its early years as well as the HQ of a local Lodge. The mix of different levels and styles combine somewhat uneasily. However, the building certainly makes a bold visual statement, dominating the approach to Sudbury along the Melford Road. Modern UPVC windows replicate the glazing pattern of the former wooden windows.
View other unlisted properties on North Street: