A row of attractive late Victorian villas - Latimer Villas 9-11 and Cranmer Villas 11-13. According to the datestones, built by or for AEM in 1894. Not certain who he was or why they were named after the 16thC Protestant martyrs. A central passageway provides access to the rear yards. The projecting bays, carried up over both floors, give the terrace a certain rhythm and balance and the modern UPVC replacements at least replicate the original glazing pattern. The modern sash windows fitted to No 9 are particularly convincing. One extraordinary feature is the survival of the original cast iron railings at the front - so many were taken away for scrap during WW2.
View other unlisted properties on Stanley Road: