Station Road 57-59

Commercial

This impressive if rather severe looking terrace is first referred to in the 1883 will of local builder Edwin Green. He built it as a residential development but Nos. 57 and 58 have been subsequently converted into shops. Strangely, in 1888 No.59 was serving as the Armoury of the Suffolk Regiment 2nd Reserve Battalion but it remains a private house and has been well modernised with care taken to preserve its original character.

No items found

Back to the index of streets