Sudbury Society Architectural Competition
The Sudbury Society is re-introducing the Alan Phillips award for outstanding contributions to the built environment in Sudbury and its surrounding area.
Applications can be made from Architects, Building Designers, Contractors and Builders, Home Owners or those involved in the heritage and conservation of Sudbury buildings and the Sudbury environment.
The judges will be looking for outstanding contributions to the built environment and these may include and cover any of the following areas:
- Buildings that have been conserved, restored or re-instated to a high standard
- Examples of innovation and creativity in addressing the conservation of older buildings
- Examples of the use of traditional skills in building craft and heritage
- New buildings that sit easily within the context of Sudbury’s heritage
- Examples of building that have addressed the challenge of ‘older buildings and climate change’
We are inviting proposals in the form of a written submission of no more than 2000 words and five photographs plus a plan submitted as a single PDF file to The Sudbury Society. All entries to be sent to email@example.com on or before 20th December 2019.
The judges’ decision will be final and we expect to announce the outcome of the competition at the Society’s next AGM in March 2020.