October 4, 2019
Sudbury Society Architectural Competition
The Sudbury Society re-introduced the Alan Phillips award for outstanding contributions to the built environment in Sudbury and its surrounding area, inviting applications by the end of 2019. We have received a number of high quality submissions, including the former St Leonard’s Hospital site and Mattingly’s building in Friars St, and a panel will be reviewing them to decide a winner in time for the AGM in March.
Factors being considered include:
- Buildings that have been conserved, restored or re-instated to a high standard
- Examples of innovation and creativity in addressing the conservation of older buildings
- Examples of the use of traditional skills in building craft and heritage
- New buildings that sit easily within the context of Sudbury’s heritage
- Examples of building that have addressed the challenge of ‘older buildings and climate change’
Good luck and thank you to all who took the time to enter!