A survival from the Railway Age, when the area between King Street and Francis Road was filled with warehouses, coal yards, maltings etc. all served by a web of railway sidings. Built in 1895 by R.A.Allen and Son who owned two major local brickworks. Their general office was downstairs where there is still the original walk in safe with massive iron door. Outside note the moulded brick corbelling on the curved corner, an attractive feature with a practical use, helping to reduce the risk of damage from turning traffic. The building should be preserved as a good example of a late Victorian commercial office.
View other unlisted properties on Great Eastern Road: