The building dates from 1912 but belongs very much to the post WWI modern movement - the flat roof and the pattern of wooden gazing bars which has an angular Art Deco look. The architect was A. Howard ARIB. Built for the Sudbury Silk Weaving Company which became Vanners and Fennell in 1924. Still occupied by Vanners, housing their shop and offices. Local people have worked in the silk mills behind this Gregory Street frontage for over 100 years.
View other properties on Gregory Street