These began life as two warehouses which were the return frontage to No 38 Market Hill. No 38 was owned in 1874 by Alfred Halls, 'grocer, ale and porter agent.' and was later occupied by Holland and Barrett before that company became focussed on health foods. The faded lettering on the wall once advertised 'Whitbreads Bottled Ales and Stout.' The semicircular windows are a feature of many old commercial properties in the town. The 2016 conversion into two flats was done with great sensitivity, preserving much of the character of the original buildings.