Station Road 50

Commercial

An exceptional late Victorian shopfront which is well maintained by the current business. It may well date back to 1874 when Jacob Jay established his plumbing and decorating business here and it appears in a 1906 advertisement exactly as it is now. The shopfront and side entrance to the right are linked within the one fascia and the carving on the brackets is particularly fine. Note the fine original front door on the left which gives access to the upstairs accommodation - shopkeepers like Jay often lived above their business.

No items found

Back to the index of streets

If you care about Sudbury, why not join the Society?
Join us from just £10 per year!
Find out more about membership
Find out how to get involved
Contact Us
Email: info@sudburysociety.org.uk
The Sudbury Society, 
c/o The Christopher Centre, 
10 Gainsborough Street, 
Sudbury CO10 2EU.
Website Design & Build by Mackman

A Mackman Group collaboration - market research by Mackman Research | website design by Mackman

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram