Built for the Midland Bank in 1920 in the 'house style' of that time - Head Office's view of what a bank should look like - and makes no concessions to local building traditions. However. it has been part of the local street scene for about 100 years and makes a strong, confident visual statement on this corner site. The copper cupola and the grand entrance with a swan necked pediment catch the eye.
View other unlisted properties on Market Hill: