Old Market Place 10

Commercial

The building makes a very strong visual statement when seen from the end of North Street. The architect was F.P.Trepess from Warwick and he designed it in 1908 for Walker and Company, a national chain of grocery and general stores. The soaring gable with
leaded light windows is a major feature but dominating everything is the extraordinary bank of small paned windows set in iron frames (the latter feature quite innovative for its time.)

View other properties on Old Market Place

Back to the index of streets

If you care about Sudbury, why not join the Society?
Join us from just £10 per year!
Find out more about membership
Find out how to get involved
Contact Us
Email: info@sudburysociety.org.uk
The Sudbury Society, 
10 Gainsborough Street, 
Sudbury CO10 2EU.
Website Design & Build by Mackman

A Mackman Group collaboration - market research by Mackman Research | website design by Mackman

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram