When this terrace was built in 1884 this terrace was a model of elegance and restrained good taste - the quality of the lintels is particularly fine. The story goes that when local builders George Grimwood and Son secured the contract to build Girton College in Cambridge they had to first demolish a row of cottages on the site. The stonework was recycled into these cottages in Sudbury. Since then the unity of the terrace has been badly affected by modern replacement windows which in some cases make no effort to replicate the original wooden 6:6 sashes. The original name plate as also in a very poor condition. However, the terrace retains at least some of its former appeal.
View other properties on Prince Street