The Hall was an important part of the social life of the town for over 100 years. It was built in 1887 by Frederick Jennings who, very conveniently, had his builder's yard on the opposite side of the road. The Conservative Club used it for their own functions and hired it out to provide a venue for lectures, dances and theatrical performances. It was the home of the Sudbury Dramatic Society before they moved to the new Quay Theatre in the 1970s. The upper facade with the large cast iron(?) name and date plaques has some merit. The lower storey has become very cluttered and the soft red brickwork generally is in poor condition. The curved back of the building is quite striking. Currently (March 2018) closed and awaiting development, probably residential.
View other unlisted properties on Prince Street: