St John's was designed in 1902 by Gordon and Gunton. a London firm of architects specialising in civic and religious buildings. The split flints used for the walls contrast well with the red brick and Bath stone used for the dressings. The windows are in a mixture of Gothic revival styles - the grand Perpendicular west window is particularly striking.
View other unlisted properties on York Road: