The doorcase and windows suggest an early 19thC date but the house is much older, timber framed with beamed ceilings on the ground floor and two short cross wings at the rear. The larger window on the ground floor may date from the time when it was a local shop. In 1891 John Heard, general dealer and lodging house keeper, owned the property with eight lodgers in residence. On the left hand side the narrow doorway once led to the five cottages of Spooners Yard.
View other unlisted properties on Church Street: