The chapels were built when the Cemetery opened in 1859 and were designed by J.P. Pritchett Jun. Separate chapels were built for the Anglicans and the Nonconformists but they were at least joined by an archway supporting a bell cote. Both are in the Gothic Revival 'Decorated' style. The main gates on Newton Road retain their original decorative ironwork and the locks were made by two different local ironsmiths, Purr and Wright.
View other properties on Newton Road