St Leonard's Cottage Hospital was designed by Edward Salter and opened in 1867, largely funded by public subscription. Originally it consisted of a three storey central block with single storey wings on each side - these were later given a second storey in the early 20th century. Mainly red brick with black brick decoration. St Leonards was part of the town's history until it closed in 2016. It was then sold by the NHS and currently (2018) it is being transformed into residential housing. The image comes from the developer's sales brochure.
View other unlisted properties on Newton Road: