A substantial late Victorian pub which retains all it original sash windows. The 'cutaway' on the corner was both decorative and practical, giving some protection from collision with turning wagons. Behind there is an attractive range of peg tiled outbuildings. Some people believe that this was the target of the Zeppelin raid on Sudbury in March 1916 because it was being used as the HQ of a regiment stationed in the town.
View other properties on East Street