This well known landmark dominates the junction of East Street and Girling Street. It began its life c1880 as Garrett's three storey maltings and then 1919 was converted into Melso's textile mill. In 1945 Cundy's bought it for their seed business and when that closed in the late 1960s it became a snooker hall and now operates as a public house and restaurant with flats above. Of local historical interest.
View other unlisted properties on East Street: