A pair of semi-detached villas dating from 1884, possibly built by George Grimwood and Sons. It looks as if Bath stone has been used for the detailing, including the crocketed capitals on the pilasters framing windows and doors. Cement detailing would have worn a great deal by now but the carvings are still very crisp. No 37 on the right still has its original wooden sashes: the modern UPVC windows next door are top opening and the frame are very thick.
View other properties on Waldingfield Road