An old row of timber framed houses stood here. In 1864 local silk manufacturers Thomas Kemp and Sons bought the site and cleared it to build these cottages, adding them to Nos 75-78 to create one large manufacturing base for their hand loom weavers in Cross Street. Good use of white brick detailing to relieve the red. Some intrusive modern replacement windows but still a significant element in the local street scene.
View other properties on Cross Street