Friars Street 10-12


A fine late Victorian range, originally built as two shops, by 1908 it had 1908 converted into one (Josiah Berry, confectioner) and now two again. The first storey is well worth studying - elegant wooden window cases, moulded brick detailing on the window lintels and string courses, all as crisp today as when the property was built. Note also the cast iron grilles below the display windows which give some air and light to the cellars below.

View other properties on Friars Street

Back to the index of streets