Purpose built as a small development of two and three storey shops c 1870. No 1 was absorbed into the Midland Bank in the late 20th whilst the others remain as shops. The upper windows are set below moulded lintels, each supported by a pair of brackets, but they are all set at slightly different levels - Victorian jerry building or the result of modern traffic vibration? Nos 3 and 4 incorporate a much earlier wattle and daub rear wall.
View other properties on Gainsborough Street