The name may have been chosen following the marriage of the Prince of Wales in March 1863 and it served the developing working class neighbourhood around Prince Street and New Street. Clearly significant changes have taken place in its appearance with modern UPVC windows set flush with the surface replacing the original multi pane sashes set back a couple of inches. The corner entrance has also been blocked up leaving just two of the original doorways. However, it retains its original facade facing Prince Street, with bunches of grapes decorating the supporting brackets, and is a commanding presence in the local townscape.
View other properties on New Street