Friars Street 70

Residential

The house was built by James Sillitoe at some point between 1825 and 1832, along with the two storey gig house and stable (on the right of the image).The three oriel windows and the hanging tiles were 20thC additions to the house. Samuel Bloys established his mineral water business here in 1867. The single storey building in the courtyard (recently altered to join up with the main house) was his bottling plant.

View other unlisted properties on Friars Street:

Back to the index of streets