John Deeks of Sible Hedingham, gentleman, had this substantial house built in 1890. It has considerable visual interest. On the north side a two storey bay projects out below a highly decorated gable which creates the illusion that this was the real front of the house. The windows repay attention - note the original sashes with floral keystones above and unusual moulded brick sills. The terracotta ridge tiles add a nice finishing touch. Also shown is an early photo of the house with the conical kiln of Frederick Goodall's maltings on the high goround behind.
View other properties on Queens Road