The Mount dates from the late 1870s. The porch and ground floor bays give it a certain grandeur but it has been included not just for its looks but its historical links with the large maltings that once lay behind. The house and maltings are first mentioned in the 1879 Trade Directory which lists Alfred Spenser, maltster, and Frederick Goodall, maltster and merchant. The malting's has long gone but their house remains.
View other properties on Queens Road