These old warehouses have a long association with No 38 Market Hill, dating back to the 1874 ownership of No 38 by Alfred Halls, "grocer, ale and porter agent". The right hand section with the semicircular windows bore the legend " Whitbreads(?) Bottled Ale and Stouts" which is still just about visible in the image. Since then they have been converted into flats but retain much of the feel of the original buildings. The quality of the lime mortar repointing is excellent.
View other properties on Station Road