Three properties which were been part of one development. No 52 (the florists) has a well preserved shop front with some particularly extravagant carving to the supporting brackets. In 1874 Miss Fanny Rolfe ran a Christian Knowledge Association depot from here. No 53 (For Sale sign) has been sensitively restored back into residential use. Beyond, dominating the row, we have No 54-55 - the former Suffolk and Essex Free Press offices of 1867. The crisp detailing illustrates the hardwearing qualities of the local Ballingdon white bricks. The heads of the windows are an interesting shape- not quite a curve or a point. Note the Editor's letterbox.
View other properties on Station Road