" Long Croft" was the old name for this land on the west side of the road which slopes down to North Meadow Common on the River Stour flood plain. Until 1838 it was drier pasture land on which the Commoners kept their cattle in the winter months. It was freed from shackage and commonage in 1838, allowing housing development - modest homes occupied by skilled working men such as weavers, cabinet makers and shoemakers and a scattering of pubs and shops. Only Nos 1-49 come within the Sudbury Conservation Area.
Click on a property to view full details.