Melford Road 91

Residential

No 91 is on the right hand of a pair of weavers' cottages. In 1861 William Edey worked on his loom on the first floor. However, by the late 19thC silk weaving was moving into local factories and No 91 was converted into a shop, retaining the rare Yorkshire sash window on the top floor but with later sash windows on the first floor and a large shop window on the ground floor. By 1912 it had become the premises of George Beevis, pork butcher. Since being put on the Sudbury Local List in 2004 the owners have installed light brown UPVC windows on both the upper floors but the Victorian ground floor facade is intact. First image 2004: second image in 2018. ( Update November 2018. A UPVC light brown front door and ground floor window have since been installed- the original stone sill and lintel of the window have been retained.)

View other properties on Melford Road - west side

Back to the index of streets

If you care about Sudbury, why not join the Society?
Join us from just £10 per year!
Find out more about membership
Find out how to get involved
Contact Us
Email: info@sudburysociety.org.uk
The Sudbury Society, 
c/o The Christopher Centre, 
10 Gainsborough Street, 
Sudbury CO10 2EU.
Website Design & Build by Mackman

A Mackman Group collaboration - market research by Mackman Research | website design by Mackman

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram