Another early development from 1858 by local builders Grimwoods - note the name plaque, unusually made of cast iron rather than stone or terracotta. George Grimwood bought the plot on Long Acre from James Wheeler in December 1857 and sold the completed terrace to local grocer Job Grover in April 1859 for £570. None of the properties retain their original 8: 8 wooden sash windows and their modern UPVC replacements are in various styles. However, the range of attractive paired doorways and the general good proportions of the terrace justify its inclusion for group value. Hopefully, none of the owners will try to remove the attractive patina which the bricks have acquired over 150 years - cleaning or painting the brickwork of one would destroy the unity of the whole terrace.
View other properties on Melford Road - west side