The house stands some 200 metres from the roundabout that marks the end of Melford Road. Deep eaves and tall, rather narrow small paned windows suggest a date of around 1840 - in 1851 the house was occupied by Jonathan Grubb, bank agent. Oddly, the foundations include some flint and red brick, possibly belonging to an earlier building. In the 18thC the Sudbury Arms inn stood here or hereabouts next to a toll gate.
View other unlisted properties on Melford Road – west side: