An attractive use of white brick detailing against the dominant warm red brick. None of the windows appear original but the majority have been replaced with small pane modern windows which preserve some of the character of the terrace. Built by William Brock, farmer, fishmonger, butcher and town councillor c1858 and originally listed in the 1861 Census as Nos 5-9 The Folly. Four out of five of the tenants were hand loom weavers.
View other properties on Melford Road – west side