Connected to the Sudbury silk industry and built by Kipling Pain and Co. The house on left was their foreman's house. In 1861 Benjamin Brown, silk umbrella foreman, lived here with his wife Elizabeth, a silk winder, and boys Joshua and William. The white building just visible at the rear was what survives today of a two storey silk factory.
View other unlisted properties on Melford Road – west side: