The property dates from 1890, designed by Arthur Grimwood and built by the family firm. He was a qualified architect who had trained both in London and on the Continent. His own highly distinctive style can be seen here. Note the projecting twin gables above the two bays and the linking balustrade sheltering the porch below. Also an attractive stained glass fanlight above the outer door. In 1901 Reginald Smith, a commission agent, lived here.
View other properties on Melford Road - east side