Another Grimwood house of 1911 which Arthur Grimwood built for his manager, James McQuae, and his wife Nancy (Arthur's daughter). They lived there for some seven years before moving to 1 Church Walk to take over the firm after Arthur's death in 1918. Many unusual and striking features such as the central projecting wing with a massive wooden bressumer beam on heavy brackets supporting the oriel window above. Also the arched braces supporting the cut way corner of the house.
View other properties on Melford Road - east side