Melford Road 4 Northfield House

Residential

No 4 was built by Edward Salter of Chilton c 1870 on farmland originally part of the Woodall estate. It shares many stylistic features with Nos 6 and 8 such as the inset red brick panels which appear on their facades, chimneys and front walls. No 4 has moulded brick detailing around the door arch and window jambs and some very attractive and unusual windows on the rear wing facing York Road. Two spinster sisters, Phoebe and Mary Wright, at No 4 in 1901

View other properties on Melford Road - east side

Back to the index of streets

If you care about Sudbury, why not join the Society?
Join us from just £10 per year!
Find out more about membership
Find out how to get involved
Contact Us
Email: info@sudburysociety.org.uk
The Sudbury Society, 
c/o The Christopher Centre, 
10 Gainsborough Street, 
Sudbury CO10 2EU.
Website Design & Build by Mackman

A Mackman Group collaboration - market research by Mackman Research | website design by Mackman

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram